Saturday, April 17, 2010

Speaking words of encouragement

"When you talk, do not say harmful things, but say what people need—words that will help others become stronger." Ephesians 4:29 (NCV)

I couldn't let the night go without posting about this ... one of the areas I feel like I really struggle is speaking words of love and encouragement to my children. Mothers have the incredible responsibility of speaking words that will build our children. And this is a very insightful reminder from one of my favorite bloggers.

"Just for today:
Couldn’t all the words out of my mouth only be the strengthening words? Words that nourish their bones and muscle their hearts.
What if I tried to change nothing in children but I focused on only this: Let the tongue speak only the words that make souls stronger. "

Please go to her post to read.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an impact it would make on everyone's lives, if we all tried this daily. Bonnie G.

Anonymous said...

This is so true. I have said a lot of hurtful things to people in my life that I sometimes regret, but none so much as things that made my children feel bad about themselves. Once it's out there, you can apologize, but you can never take back the hurt feeling that you caused them to have.
MOM