Saturday, October 20, 2007

Today I screamed like a girl

Today, I did scream like a girl, but I decided that is OK - that is usually what happens when I am chased by yellow jackets, can't get away, and get stung. I only got stung once today, on the ear. It was stuck between my hair and ear, I really couldn't get away. So when I came inside, it came with me. Thomas dutifully attended to me, killed the bee, and took me to the drugstore to get some benadryl.

I've been sick all week, mostly just a crappy cold, nothing to stay in bed for, but it made me dead tired. And when I lay down, I can't sleep because I start coughing. I decided I felt a lot better today, I woke up with an appetite, the weather is gorgeous -- so around 2pm I thought it might be a good time to weed the front bed under the big oak tree. I only weeded about a 6 inch area before I was being chased. I'm thinking it might be a while before I finish. I need to make sure they are good and dead.

While, I've been sniffling all week, Thomas has been studying. He can't escape from the books or computer for any period of time. I'm a little worried he's missing out on life, but there really isn't anything I can be doing right now anyway. I have been trying to give him lots of time for his schoolwork, using most of my evenings sewing. I had a really, really nice Viking sewing machine here while mine was being repaired. But that has come to an end.

That is about all that is happening around here.

No comments: