Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Summer Stitchin


Things keep moving around here ... except for the computer which seems to be at a crawling speed these days. Arrgh.

Speaking of crawling, P. is getting closer and closer to moving forward. So, I figure that without much time left, I should try my best to get everything organized before she's on the go.

We got a quick email from S's grandmother on Sunday. He is doing well and seemed to enjoy the plane ride very much. He also has been fine - she said no crying or any worries. I was so glad to hear that. I hope it continues to go so smoothly. Thomas and I are doing really well the transition. We know that is was a blessing for all of us, and only good came from the situation. We were truly blessed to have S with us for 8 months, and now others will be blessed to have him. We truly see this situation as an opportunity for him to bless others. I was reading Acts 15:22-41 this weekend, a story of several of the prophets traveling for the purpose of encouraging others and strengthening churches. In this passage Paul, Silas, Barnabas and others are traveling around quite a bit; it reinforced my opinion that S. has left to encourage, strengthen and bless others.

Besides trying to get some things organized; I've also spent some time sewing in the last month. I recently finished a very large quilt - I'll have to find the photo to post. And also, at the top of this post is a picture of some crazy pants I made P. My hope was to make some wacky pants and I wanted to practice making ruffles. So they are pretty wild.

No comments: