Friday, June 18, 2010

More on the beginning

I wanted to post just briefly on more details regarding the new pregnancy.

I have had an absolutely great week. I feel wonderful, jut a little tired here and there. But honestly not much to speak of.

My HCG numbers from Monday came back at 699. The fertility nurse decided it didn't need to be repeated because it was high enough and exactly where it should be.

My progesterone numbers came back a little on the low side but still normal - at 10.6. So I've been given progesterone suppositories.

I'm really not having any symptoms of pregnancy at all. A couple times I felt kindof yucky but it was so mild I couldn't decide for sure if I felt bad at all. So I probably shouldn't count it as anything.

And everything is going really well. I'm still going to CrossFit. The advice I saw online was to be sure you can carry on a converstation while you are working out, otherwise slow down. So I'm following that advice and taking lots of breaks as needed.

For any couple out there dealing with infertility who might run across this blog on the world wide web. I want to mention that we really did see some great results from a lot of prayer and switching to a high-raw diet. I wish I could measure how much my body changed - I know it changed to be well enough to get pregnant - which is really the best result. I tested abnormal for the protein that helps the baby stick around just 6 months ago with the Etegrity test. And we have had 1 failed IVF, 1 failed FET, and 1 failed IUI in the last couple years.

My dear husband has been eating high-raw as well, with lean meats and eggs. And everything on his SA changed from abnormal to normal to even above normal -- including morphology, motility, viscosity. And his motile sperm count increased more than 600%. I am in absolute shock about this. I have seen so many studies and never seen results this high. That in itself is a miracle.

I'm so thankful that I felt led to change our diets drastically this spring! And we received a ton of support for the changes we made which made it so much easier. So thank you everyone!

3 comments:

Polly Gamwich said...

I'd never heard of high-raw diet ... very interesting!

Sherri said...

Polly - If you want to see any more details on our diet - you can view this post -
http://fosteringmyfamily.wordpress.com/2010/06/13/big-changes-part-2-our-diet/

Kelly said...

I am so happy for you guys! God is definitely a surprising and miracle producing God.