Sunday, August 19, 2007

FET #1

Our first cryocycle should begin in just a few short days, unless there is some miraculous event where I am already pregnant. I got a much smaller package in the mail last week with all the meds I will need for this round of pin pricks. It wasn't really all that bad - it looks like estrogen patches for the first 2 weeks and PIO shots the last 2 weeks. It's the PIO shots that had my bottom sore for 2 months last time. Uggh.

I'll let everyone know how things proceed. I already know that this time around I will be getting some acupunture leading up to the transfer, and we are going to stay in Jacksonville, rather than trying to drive the 3 hours back home. My goal this week is to find a hotel with a good bed.

Have you heard of the old wives tale about using a pencil, needle and thread to find out how many children you are going to have? Our grandmother tested me out while home last week with just a needle and thread - it looks like - boy, girl, boy for me. Interesting, hopefully it works out - we'll have to wait and see. Brings a whole new meaning to needlpoint family planning.

I am getting a little nervous at times - which isn't good. I keep trying to reassure myself.

No comments: