Friday, September 26, 2008

Next Stop ... SIRM?

I have been hesistating to post this information: Thomas and I are pondering another fertility consult. Surprising? Probably not.

We have 2 embryos left at our current clinic. But we also know we don't want to go back there. So, we've been considering setting up a consultation with a doctor at SIRM (Sher Institute). There are additional tests I am sure they will want to do, and I would like to go ahead with those. Plus, I'd like a game plan. And to talk with some folks that I feel are at the top of the game. And I especially want to talk with someone that specializes in endometriosis. But on the other side, I don't want to consult and test too early, and then have to go through it all again. And I know we can't afford to do anything major at this time. But the biggest issue at this time is that I don't think I could emotionally withstand another failure. The thought of trying and failing still engulfs me like a tidal wave.

I said last September after our last failed cycle that we would probably wait 2 years before we even think about moving forward with it again - its only be one. And in some ways I'm ready, in other ways I know it isn't feasible. But maybe we could start planning. So, I'm internet shopping at the time. Trying to figure out which doctor to see next ... and unfortunately none of them are anywhere nearby. It will definitely require plane tickets and a hotel. It drives me mad that our insurance will not cover a penny of it. When Thomas finishes school and he is on the job market, we are strongly considering only moving to a job/location that will cover infertility ... if we can find one.

And you are probably wondering what about the 2 embies we have left ... well, we will go back for them at some point or have them transported. Or I thought about getting two doctors to coordinate treatment; not sure if they would go for that though.

On the homefront we had a setback on the adoption. So, in the meantime, I am not going to post anymore on it. I don't like putting a lot of information about it online anyway. But the likelihood of us having the adoption finalized before the end of the year is nonexistent. Maybe sometime in the spring if we are lucky. I'm just going to stop talking about it and pray that it someone manages to go smoothly from here out. The main point is that she isn't going anywhere.

No comments: