Wednesday, May 6, 2009

In bed earlier these days


And still up later each morning. We are both just tired this week.

We went to a local KidsFest this weekend at the fair grounds ... there were activities for the children, booths of information for the parents, pony rides, etc. Petra held a 1 minute long point on the horses; I guess she must have been amazed by them. I got some great photos of Petra that I wanted to share.



Both of the children are fantastic. They went to the doctor for shots and checkups today. (they were both cranky tonight, which is to be expected after a day of shots and day care) Jasper got some cream for his face!!! YEAH! We are suppose to use as needed, which is exactly what I wanted. Ideally we need to solve the problem and prevent it from happening. But at least we have something now to help when he does break out. Today, Petra weighed 22.5 lbs and was 31 inches tall. Jasper weighed 18.5 lbs and was 27 inches tall. This puts Jasper right around the 50% for both height and weight. And Petra at the 50% for height and 25% for weight. She has really thinned out the last few months. We measured her a week or so ago and noticed she had grown 2-3 inches since Christmas!

You like Jasper's new necktie shirt? I decided he needed to dress up for church this week and added this little thing to his onesie real fast. =)

We have also hired a part-time nanny. She will start coming to our home each morning starting next Wednesday. We have known her and her parents for the last 3 years, so we feel comfortable with her. And we are super excited to have both the children at home and out of a day care setting.

I was a little busy this week getting all the cleaners out of my house I am not going to use anymore. I gave them all away. And I am just plum happy about it. I have so much more room under my kitchen sink that I added an extra trash can for recycling items.

Thomas also found out yesterday he got an A on his practicum, and a A in one of his classes. The other class he is taking right now he hasn't finished. Outstanding! especially considering how busy he was taking care of everything while I worked so much during session.

And my garden is growing. I have about 30 squash currently growing on my 9 squash plants! I also planted some 9 zucchini plants - so we will have a ton of squash this summer.

No comments: