Sunday, October 26, 2008

Another Beautiful Sunday

As long as I can remember, Sunday has been my favorite day. I love the relaxed feeling that comes every Sunday. Rain or shine I love being outdoors and noticing the world around me. Today was a beautiful day! The weather was pleasant, the sun was shining, it was lovely. When I lived in Durham, I would have made sure to spend several hours at the Eno River hiking through the trails. Or I would have made a day trip to Blowing Rock. I desperately miss that part of NC. Here there is no hiking. Well, not really. There are some flat boring trails that I haven't found any real love for. There are a few places I want to visit that I heard are nice ... maybe now that the weather is cooler we can plan a few day trips.

We also spend at least a little time watching football on Sundays. Thomas and Petra were noticeably interested in the end of game.



Petra has been sick, just a cold. Unfortunately, like every other time, it has settled in her chest. But she was feeling well enough today to smile for a few photos. These were the best of the group. She didn't much feel like looking at the camera.



Everything else here is fine. Thomas is crazy busy with school work. Work is still slow for me ... until the election. And then everything will change. People will be moved. Some will be let go. The turnover every two years in the Legislature surely makes things interesting. I can't say I'm looking foward to things picking back up. Usually I would. But I love the time I am able to spend at home with Petra.

No comments: