Thursday, April 9, 2009

Shopping this week

I picked up some great deals at CVS and Publix this week. Tonight I went to both places - they are in the same shopping center about 2 miles down the road.

At CVS I found wipes 1/2 off, this was unadvertised, so I was thrilled. So I picked up double refill pack of wipes and shaving cream for $2 total. YEAH!

Then, off to Publix I went. I bought 33 items, and honestly the 12-bottle case of beer I bought my DH threw my savings way off ... but he deserves a treat now and then. I spent $54, and saved $65.

And because I want to give some of you an idea of what you can purchase with coupons and sales, here's a short list of some things I bought:
2 bryers ice cream
2 chex mix
2 frozen bags of broccoli
2 cans of cashews
4lbs of Leg of Lamb
2lbs bananas
mesh laundry bag (so I can wash baby socks again!)
Sure Jelly pectin
Large box of ziploc freezer bags
2 rolls of nestle cookie dough
2 english muffins
2 boxes cake mix
knox gelatin
butter
butter baking sticks - I can't believe its not butter
clam chowder
2 jars salsa
hand santizer
cocoa butter
2 glass plus cleaners
cascade dishwasher soap
12 bottles of beer - amstel light

No comments: