Sunday, March 29, 2009

You can save on the basics

For all of you who think you can't save money on the items you need to purchase. You can.

It finally came about that I needed all the basics, i.e. soy milk, almond milk, eggs, bread, butter, half-n-half, fruit, etc. I actually went to Publix to get a BOGO item, but they were out. So, my shopping trip didn't include any fabulous sales, and instead I purchased only the basics we needed. I still saved $16, and spent a total of $22. Not bad for items you have to have.

Today's trip to CVS was also successful. I always spend something, because at a minimum you have to pay the sales tax on what you buy. Tonight, I spent a grand total of $1.05 on the following.
2 boxes of VEET gel hair removal
2 box PAAS egg coloring dye kits
1 swiffer wetjet all-purpose cleaner
1 lysol nutra-air spray
1 bath body sponge
1 almond snickers bar (my filler item necessary to keep me above a negative transaction)

No comments: