Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Day 4 - Checked in with Docs

Thank you for all the comments. I love getting them.

OK. So here is the news. So far I've had a very successful go with the drugs. The tech this morning in Tallahassee found 17 follicles. Good news. After the ultrasound I checked in at the hospital for some blood work.

By early afternoon, the Jacksonville office called to tell me everything looked good and to keep going with the same dose of drugs. The nurse said my largest follicle was 11 mm; and that they would be mature and do an egg retrieval when they were between 18-21 mm. I have no idea what my blood levels were - I didn't bother asking because I wouldn't know what it meant anyway.

So the plan is to go in for one more ultrasound here in town on Saturday morning. Then we will be traveling to Jacksonville sometime after that for my last ultrasound before the egg retrieval. For those of you who are wondering and don't know the process, here's the basics of what we have left:
* Another ultrasound or two to see how my eggs are growing
* Egg Retrieval
* Embryo Transfer
* 2 week wait to see if I'm pregnant

This will all be finished by the end of the month if everything goes well. If I'm pregnant, I'll continue traveling to Jacksonville a few more times for ultrasounds.

1 comment:

LISA & HEIDE said...

TOM & SHERRI,
WE ARE SO HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH. I LOVE THE DAILY UPDATES AND CAN HARDLY WAIT FOR THE NEXT DAY. HOPE YOU ARE FEELING OK. YOU ARE BOTH IN MY PRAYERS EVERYDAY. WE LOVE YOU BOTH.
AUNT LISA