Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Day Three

I realized this morning that a lot has happened that we never spoke about in the first post, so I 'd like to spend some time talking about those things that happened two weeks ago.

We had waited patiently for our first consultation with the folks at the Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. Being a dutiful patient, I called our local expert's office to have all my paperwork, testing, information and such sent to the specialist's office. Only to find out when we arrived for our appointment that only one little piece had been sent. I was so upset. The thought that we were wasting a visit, a 6 hour round-trip drive, and $225 was all I could think about.

We had been planning to pursue IVF in October 2007 ... and hoping we could do it January 2007. Big difference. But that's what fits my work schedule. With our initial appointment scheduled for the end of December we didn't get our hopes up that we could schedule in a round of IVF just a few weeks later. Sure we had all the testing performed already, but you never know what else may be needed.

But the doctor there was great. We updated him on everything that had been done and they have a close working relationship with our local office so all was fine. In fact, they squeezed us in the day of our initial consultation to start the IVF process. Within two hours we had our doctor consultation, nurse consultation, financial consultation, trial transfer, ultrasound, and bloodwork! WOW. We were amazed with how easily everything fell into place. All that was left was to get a loan and medicines over the holiday break from several states away. That turned out to be just as easy. So, it was just about a short week later we officially started IVF.

So here we are, day three.

The day was pretty uneventful. It was my first day back at work since before Christmas so I spoke to my boss about missing some work - she was very understanding. I also went shopping today for some organic lotions and shampoos in effort to limit the chemicals in my body. And plan to make soaps later tonight.

I've started to feel the effects of the hormones. I am more tired. But what is really aggravating is that my stomach already feels bloated and swollen. I especially feel this way after the shot each evening.

Tomorrow morning I will have ultrasound #1 (really it's the third one in the past two weeks) and bloodwork. This is done to check how my body is responding to the hormones. I'm looking forward to hearing the results. I'll be sure to let you know what happens.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Hi there,

I saw your comment on my blog and wanted to check out your blog. I wish you every success with yoru IVF and I hope you will soon be on your way to mommyhood. :>)